Backtest Your Own Trading Systems
What if you could become a better trader and be more profitable? If you could learn more about your system and the markets you trade. In fact, you can do this by learning how to backtest your own trading systems.
If you are a trader:
- How do you currently develop strategies – do you have a reliable way of testing your trading ideas?
- Do you want to be independent and not to have to rely on someone else or a ‘black box’ piece of software?
Use YouTube to Help Backtest Your Own Trading Systems
I have put online a series of YouTube videos. In these videos, I have covered how to import data, how to calculate technical indicators and how to build a simple backtest model. I also show how you can analyze the results and then optimize your trading strategies.
These videos are useful because they show a step-by-step method. I recommend watching them if you are interested in backtesting using Excel. However, if you want to learn more about how to build your own models, there is another option.
Excel Course – “How to Backtest a Trading Strategy Using Excel”
In response to the feedback I have received from the videos I have created a course. The course is in the form of an Amazon Kindle ebook.
If you follow this course you will:
- Improve your Excel skills
- Build a Long-Only Backtest Model
- Build a more advanced Long-Short Backtest Model
- Learn How to Optimise your Trading Strategy
- Tips for Improving Your Backtesting Skills
You can apply these backtest models to any market.
Amazon Kindle Store
The eBook is in the Amazon Kindle Store. You can see it here: How To Backtest a Trading Strategy Using Excel
If you use technical indicators in your trading, make sure you check out my eBooks – 21 Technical Indicators and 21 More Technical Indicators. These will power up your testing as you learn how to backtest your own trading systems.
If you don’t have a Kindle device, the book can also be read on Smartphones, Tablets and computers.
Good luck in your trading!